Who We Are
We are all about Jesus: his hope, his love, his message, his life-changing work in our lives.
Mountainside is a group of ordinary people from every walk of life who are being transformed by an extraordinary God. We are one church that meets in two locations, Fernie and Sparwood. Every week we join together at one of these locations to worship God and to experience a relevant powerful message from the Bible. We are passionate about sharing the love of Jesus by caring for each other and by positively impacting our community.
We look forward to having you join us.
Read more about Shawn ➔
Read more about Matthew ➔
Read more about Ty ➔
Read more about Mel ➔
Read more about Jesse ➔
What to Expect
“I love what God is doing here!” is a common exclamation we hear from the many visitors who visit us from literally all over the globe.
At Mountainside we are all about dialing into the authentic, “I can’t breathe without this kind of oxygen”, kind of life Jesus offers each of us. We recognize that for many, religion has not provided them into this kind of life; rather, religion has been this noisy static that has drowned out that message and disillusioned many.
We are not about being churchy, we are about the real thing. Maybe that is why we have become a home, for the un-churched, the de-churched, the spiritually curious and the spiritually committed alike.
We think we will change the way you think about church.
Here’s what you can expect when you attend Mountainside Community Church:
- Messages you can understand
- Real relationships
- Music you can relate to
- Engaging moments for children
- A casual, relaxed environment and dress
We all have values — passions and beliefs that make up the soul of an individual person or an organization. They can be conscious or unconscious, stated or assumed, either way they determine the things we will do and what we will not do.
As a church we have seven core values that guide how we accomplish our mission, “to advance the Kingdom of God by vitally connecting people to Jesus Christ.”
Mountainside Community Church is:
- Biblically Anchored – We believe that knowing and experiencing Jesus is life’s highest purpose. In this pursuit, we hold the Bible as our best compass and the Holy Spirit our very real guide. We employ both as we pursue God’s presence in every aspect of life.
- Culturally Relevant – In everything that is negotiable we will make it easy for those outside of our church community to connect with us and discover Jesus.
- Missionally Motivated – We don’t live in neighborhoods nor work at jobs by accident. All of us are called to be intentional missionaries reflecting Jesus in the places we live, work, and enjoy recreation.
- Relationally Focused – Christianity is not just a ‘you’ thing, but a ‘we’ thing. Therefore we choose to journey life together in authentic relationships, loving, supporting, and being accountable to each other.
- Discipleship Based – A key ingredient for our spiritual growth and vitality is discipleship. Through individual mentoring and transparent community we will help each other spiritually climb higher and walk closer with God.
- Spiritually Attuned – The advancement of Christ’s Kingdom is in essence supernatural. We seek the inbreaking of the supernatural into the natural by being prayerfully dependant, and empowered by the Holy Spirit.
- Serving Together – We were all created with unique abilities and gifts. We all have a role to play. We are committed to helping each other discover and develop our unique gifts and play our unique role in the Kingdom of God.
Interested in attending one of our locations?
Click below to learn more about you can attend a service and get connected in either Sparwood or Fernie.