We all have values — passions and beliefs that make up the soul of an individual person or an organization. They can be conscious or unconscious, stated or assumed, either way they determine the things we will do and what we will not do.
As a church we have seven core values that guide how we accomplish our mission, “to advance the Kingdom of God by vitally connecting people to Jesus Christ.”
Mountainside Community Church is:
- Biblically Anchored – We believe that knowing and experiencing Jesus is life’s highest purpose. In this pursuit, we hold the Bible as our best compass and the Holy Spirit our very real guide. We employ both as we pursue God’s presence in every aspect of life.
- Culturally Relevant – In everything that is negotiable we will make it easy for those outside of our church community to connect with us and discover Jesus.
- Missionally Motivated – We don’t live in neighborhoods nor work at jobs by accident. All of us are called to be intentional missionaries reflecting Jesus in the places we live, work, and enjoy recreation.
- Relationally Focused – Christianity is not just a ‘you’ thing, but a ‘we’ thing. Therefore we choose to journey life together in authentic relationships, loving, supporting, and being accountable to each other.
- Discipleship Based – A key ingredient for our spiritual growth and vitality is discipleship. Through individual mentoring and transparent community we will help each other spiritually climb higher and walk closer with God.
- Spiritually Attuned – The advancement of Christ’s Kingdom is in essence supernatural. We seek the inbreaking of the supernatural into the natural by being prayerfully dependant, and empowered by the Holy Spirit.
- Serving Together – We were all created with unique abilities and gifts. We all have a role to play. We are committed to helping each other discover and develop our unique gifts and play our unique role in the Kingdom of God.